[Faculty Recruitment] Faculty Positions Open in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
The Department of Biomedical Engineering in National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, seeks applicants with a biomedical engineering background for full-time open positions (professors/associate professors/assistant professors), with an expected start date of August 1st 2024.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in a biomedical engineering-related field, with teaching experience and the capability to teach English-Medium Instruction courses.
- Applicants with expertise in the following research fields are preferred: Biomedical electronics, Biomedical sensors, Biomedical imaging, Biomedical engineering programming, etc..
- Developing curricula and course material for at least two core courses of the department, and teach at least one English-Medium Instruction course each academic year.
- Ability to teach fundamental undergraduate level courses.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings, conferences, and other events in and outside of the department, providing support to students and other colleagues.
- Conduct research, write and publish papers, journal articles and books.
- Collaborate with colleagues both within and outside the department, and participate in Integrated Projects of Interdisciplinary Research (directed by the National Science and Technology Council of Taiwan), and/or Talent Development Programs (directed by Ministry of Education in Taiwan).
Candidates who meet the above conditions are required to prepare the following application documents in the specified order:
- An up-to-date Curriculum vitae.
- E-files of your highest degree and work experiences certificates. If any certificates are issued by universities or institutions in foreign countries, the certificate must be verified by Taiwanese official Representative office in those countries.)
- Research Proposals and areas of interest that applicants plan to pursue.
- The most important/representative academic publishing in the last five years (including 2023).
- A Teaching Statement, including syllabi or course plans of the courses that the applicants are prepared to teach. At least one of the course plans must be for an English-Medium Instruction course.
- Any additional documents not listed above but considered beneficial for qualification review (awards, completed or on-going research projects, owned patents, etc.).
- Transcripts from both graduate school and undergraduate level.
- Application form (please download the file).
To apply, please upload the documents listed above in the specified order (from 1 to 8, please combine all files together in one PDF file) to https://forms.gle/B3Py7YvajGpFSRiF7, and send an notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If mailing is preferred, applicants could send hard copies along with all the E-files burnt into one disc, to the following address:
1 University Road Tainan, Taiwan 701401
Ms. Lucy Chang, Department of Biomedical Engineering,
National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan(ROC)
Tel: 886-6-2757575 ext. 63405#103
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, suitable candidates will receive invitations for on-site interviews before January 2024.
Please send the application before January 2nd, 2024.